Information, tips & tricks to help you during the farming year.
After hours harvest support
Don’t forget that each of our branches operates extended hours during the busy harveset season. These vary branch to branch in response to the local conditions. Contact your local branch for updates, or use the After Hours numbers for urgent service calls. Note that a call-out fee will apply outside of normal business hours.
Click here for Cleve contact information
Click here for Kimba contact information
Click here for Wudinna contact information
Click here for Cummins contact information
Click here for Crystal Brook contact information
John Deere seeding set-up tutorial
This video walks you through many tips and tricks that will help you set your seeder up for maximum efficiency
John Deere have a wide range of tools to help you with your harvest. We have listed some of them below, but of course you can always contact the staff at your branch for more information, or specific problems.
The John Deere App Center is a tool to organize mobile apps for farming and construction customers. The apps within the John Deere App Center help users increase the performance and uptime of John Deere equipment, while lowering the cost of operation.
- JD Link App: The JDLink™ App provides selected JDLink features on iPhone and iPad devices to allow JDLink users to check their machines while they are on the go. Selected features are: Positioning of machines, getting directions to a machine, retrieving machine alerts and acknowledging them.
- John Deere MyJobs App: The John Deere MyJobs app allows managers to increase productivity and improve job quality throughout the Ag production system. Whether you are planning from the office or cab, users will be able to view a list of jobs, the details of a job, and keep others up to date on the job details and status.
- John Deere Mobile Data Transfer App: John Deere Mobile Data Transfer takes connectivity and data management to the next level. The Mobile Data Transfer app allows customers to transfer John Deere GreenStar™ 3 2630 Display files from their machines to their MyJohnDeere account using a wireless USB device and a smartphone data plan. Mobile Data Transfer also allows customers the flexibility to make last-minute prescription and setup changes, which are retrieved from the “My Files” feature in the Operations Center. Mobile Data Transfer enables easy transfer of data files to and from the display, regardless of the brand of the machine being operated
- John Deere Go Harvest App: The GoHarvest application gives S, W and T series combine operators the ability to optimize their 2012 or newer machine as they enter the harvest season. Operators choose the model of combine and type of crop. GoHarvest suggests initial settings for that crop type. GoHarvest also features a notes section and photo functionality to give combine operators a premium experience when setting their machine. GoHarvest is also a great guide to use in field for settings changes as conditions differ, and to document changes made to settings during harvest.
Training & information videos
John Deere publish a range of short tutorial videos on their YouTube channel to assist with setting up your harvester for optimum efficiency. Some of them are listed below. If you can’t find what you need here, visit the John Deere YouTube site as they post regular updates.
As well as the videos we have featured here there are many other available, including
John Deere Combine GoHarvest – a series of videos to help with setting up your harvester with the GoHarvest app.
- Crop type selection
- Interactive combine adjust
- Combine power consumption
- Combine power shutdown
- Yield Calibration procedure
- Improving grain cleanliness on John Deere S-series combines
- Hydraulic feederhouse fore/aft/tilt calibration model year 2015