Pringles Crouch is a leading John Deere dealer group and service provider with four branches on Eyre Peninsula and one in the Mid North at Crystal Brook. We are locally owned and operated and are proud of our strong regional connection to farming communities.
Our focus is on;
Providing superior farming equipment and innovative solutions
Employee training and development
Delivering excellent customer service and support
Diesel Mechanic/Field Technician – Wudinna
We have an opportunity for a qualified Diesel Mechanic to join our highly skilled and very busy workshop.
Who are we looking for? Experienced service mechanics to complete maintenance and repairs to our customer’s machines. The ideal candidate will be a qualified diesel mechanic and preferably have 2-plus years of agricultural maintenance/repair experience or other large equipment. Experienced car mechanics or auto electricians wishing to learn diesel trade skills are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain/Operate shop machine tools and equipment
- Diagnose, repair and re-condition agricultural machinery and/or equipment (In field and in Dealership).
- Perform set-up and optimisationof new and used equipment
- Undertake necessary training to keep product knowledge current
- Be available for On-Call repairs during seeding and harvest
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong focus on customer service
Wages: Our wages are extremely competitive within our industry and our working conditions are conducive to a good personal and family lifestyle. We have peak seasons through harvest and seeding where overtime is required. Work vehicle, phone and laptop are supplied for business use to suitably qualified candidates.
This location offers great lifestyle benefits including safe family environments with a tight knit, vibrant community, numerous sporting and lifestyle options with great facilities, camping and fishing, easy commute to Port Lincoln and great local schools, medical facilities and shopping.
Applications Close 5pm, February 28, 2018.
Agricultural Sales Consultant – Cummins
We have an opportunity for either an experienced sales person or mechanic/ag parts person with sales ambitions to join us at our Cummins branch. We pride ourselves on our staff training, commitment to quality and our ability to move forward embracing innovations in agricultural technology.
Our branches are all integral parts of our family-friendly rural communities and offer a safe supportive environment for you and your family. We are close to beautiful beaches, great camping spots, with excellent sporting and community facilities.
- Develop and expand current contacts and prospective customers;
- Expand existing client base, cold calling on potential new markets;
- Demonstration, setup and support of new and used sales as required;
- Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly administration functions correct and up to date;
- Keeping a clean and organized stock and premises especially show areas of new/used stock;
- Preferred track record in sales of agricultural / heavy duty machinery .
- Applicants with outstanding Service/Parts sales skills and looking for a career change are encouraged to apply
- A good understanding of Precision Ag, AMS products and their use is desireable
- Understanding of farmers’ needs, particularly for this region
- Good communication skills and down to earth/practical approach
- Self driven, ambitious and able to work autonomously
- A team player who recognises the importance of fostering internal and external relationships
- Selling world class John Deere and related products
- Fantastic commission earning potential on new and used equipment
- Highly autonomous role but with strong team focus as well
- Working in a high performing region with plenty of scope to further develop
- Ongoing training
- Job provisions include car, phone, laptop
Expressions of interest are now open.
Service Manager – Wudinna
We are looking for an experienced and skilled agricultural diesel mechanic with supervisory experience who can provide support to customers and our team of mechanics. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a history of good leadership skills, high quality technical work, experience in a variety of diesel mechanic roles including agricultural machinery, a strong focus on customer service, safety and very good planning and organisational skills. Accountability regarding budgets, effective management of workshop resources, efficiency and productivity as well as some administrative functions are necessary requirements of this role. A strong interest in mentoring and training apprentices and junior technicians is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate supervisory & leadership to workshop team by being available to provide practical assistance, on-the-job training and technical advice as required, encourage high work quality standards, safety and create a positive, engaged workshop environment
- Have an up to date knowledge of agricultural machinery/diesel equipment and related products and their application by customers
- Demonstrate a high level of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic skills required to service and repair agricultural machinery and products to a high quality standard
- Show mentoring and training skills to guide the learning and technical skill development of apprentices and junior technicians
- Have the ability to organise training, labour and resources to achieve planned operational targets
- Be accountable to the Branch Manager for all aspects of the workshop team performance and related administrative tasks
Location: Our Wudinna branch is in a dynamic rural community with excellent facilities with access to the outback and nearby coastal fishing communities. This location offers great lifestyle benefits;
- Safe family environment with a tight knit community
- Numerous sporting and lifestyle options with great facilities
- National Parks for camping, fishing, hiking and touring
- Great local schools, medical facilities and shopping
Wages: Our wages are above award and competitive within our industry and our working conditions are conducive to a good personal and family lifestyle. We have peak seasons through harvest and seeding where overtime is required. Work vehicle, phone and laptop may be supplied for business use to the successful candidate.
Expressions of interest are now open.
* Only applicants under consideration will be contacted for these positions
Pringles Crouch support school based apprenticeships and offer many trade and learning opportunities. If you are interested in learning more contact us through the form below.