We are locally owned and operated and are proud of our strong connection to our regional farming communities.
It is important to us that we provide superior equipment and innovative solutions along with excellent customer support to our farming customers. Our workplaces are family friendly and we have a strong commitment to ongoing training and development.
You will be part of the supportive company team spread across a large part of South Australia, as well as part of a wider dealer network together giving you the opportunity to work with world class and industry leading John Deere equipment.
Are you interested in an accounting role you can make your own and be recognised for your contributions? Would you like to work in a great and supportive team culture, with career development opportunities and mentorship from a highly regarded CFO?
- Dynamic multi size agricultural dealership
- On job mentoring & skills development
About the Role
The Group Accountant is responsible for the overseeing of all the financial activities and responsibilities of the Pringles Crouch Group under the direction of the CEO and the CFO including ensuring adherence to the principals of sound financial management and good governance. The role requires strong and collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective communication and issue resolution. The ideal candidate will have a high level of energy and enthusiasm, being a key contributor to the success of the function in a fast-paced and detailed environment. The current CFO is planning retirement over the coming years, this role is a great opportunity to be mentored and learn the business with the opportunity to transition into a senior role.
Key Result Areas
- Manage the finance activities including the development of annual budgets and forecasts
- Preparation of high quality, accurate and timely financial performance reporting to the Executive Team on a monthly basis
- Provide monthly analysis of variances between actual results and budgeted forecasts
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate financial policies, procedures and internal controls as required
- Contribute to stock planning and clearance strategies
- Reconciliation of stock units and spare parts
- Management and responsibility of the finance system
- Preparation of monthly financial and management reporting including P&L, Balance Sheet and cashflow analysis
- Manage and oversee the accounts receivable, payable and payroll personnel
- Reconciling general ledger intercompany accounts, all balance sheet items to Trial Balance
- Manage and reconcile a large number of fixed assets and lease finance schedules
- Supervision of Accounts team across multiple locations
- Complete and submit BAS and IAS returns for all entities
- FBT calculation and reconciliation
- Prepare annual accounts for external Accountant
- Assist in ensuring insurance coverage for the group
- Ensure Payroll Tax and Workcover returns are lodged
- Undertake other duties which are appropriate in the position, as directed by the Managing Director
- Actively contribute to the development of a culture consistent with the values of the Pringles Crouch Group
- Be proactive in risk identification, notification and management
- Contribute to continuous quality and service delivery improvement through the organization
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business or Advanced/Associate Diploma in Accounting.
- Demonstrated and proven experience in an accounting role.
- Willingness to work across all areas of the organization and be involved in Operations.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills,
- Sound management report writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with an ability to prioritize and manage workload, meet deadlines and adapt to change
- CPA, CA or IPA membership or working towards.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in public accounting or commerce
- Previous experience in the machinery sales sector.
- High level of IT knowledge.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Make this role your own
- Career development opportunities
- Great and supportive team culture
- Be recognised for your contributions
- Mentorship by highly regarded CFO as he transitions to retirement
You will bring to the role
- Bachelor degree in relevant discipline
- Sound understanding of accounting standards and principles
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organised and good time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the team
- Accountability, integrity, and strong work ethic
- Commitment to continual professional development
- Approach each day with energy and a positive attitude
The role would be an ideal first move for recent graduates with the opportunity to further develop your business skills in the role. If this role sounds like a great fit for you, then submit your CV today and make this the first step into a brighter and secure future with a leading John Deere dealership.
Applicants must have the appropriate rights to live and work in Australia.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5pm, April 9, 2021
LOCATION: Crystal Brook
You’ll be our first point of customer contact in this key branch administration role that will see you support our parts, sales and service departments.
- Ensure a safe, tidy and efficient workplace.
- Receive visitors and telephone calls ensuring these individuals are directed to the proper parties within the dealership.
- Have general oversight of showroom and business presentation.
- Provide management reporting and project support as required .
- Provide administrative support to the branch with specific focus on assisting the sales department processes.
- Prepare bank deposits and balance cash receipts.
- Record standard debtor and creditor entries on a daily and monthly basis.
- Distribute mail and maintain dealership files.
- Manage overdue debtor accounts.
- Review purchase orders.
- Draft & type standard letters and memoranda as requested and prepare documents for distribution.
- Provide administrative support to the sales, parts and service departments in your location.
- Order office supplies.
- Carry out other duties as directed.
To be successful in this role you will need
- A mature outlook with previous administration experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- An understanding of agriculture and farming practices.
- The ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- High level of computer literacy and skills.
- Current and valid drivers licence.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5pm, April 9, 2021
LOCATION: Eyre Peninsula
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced scheduler to work with the newly centralised service team at Cummins who can provide support to plan and organize the ongoing workflow of service tasks across the Eyre Peninsula
• Someone who has the confidence, commitment, and experience in using planning and scheduling systems of work
• Demonstrate leadership within the workshop management team providing disciplined and practical planning and scheduling expertise
• Exceptional organisational and time management attributes
• Have up to date knowledge of agricultural machinery and related products and their application
• Convert excellent communication skills into service sales and a positive customer experience in scoping, planning and scheduling service works
• Ability to match skills to jobs, identify training opportunities, and labour resource allocation to upcoming jobs
• Seek out and utilise key sources of knowledge for quality planning and scheduling outcomes
• Takes a considered approach when dealing with difficult situations and will seek assistance when required
• Be able to encourage high work quality standards and create a positive workshop environment where pride in the job is a key part of the culture
• Be able to accept constructive feedback from the work groups to improve planning accuracy and organisation of jobs
• Equipment sales, parts or service front line roles
• Service scheduling, coordination, or management experience
• Exposure to onboard machine technology systems and maintenance management
• Mentoring and training skills to guide the learning and skill development of apprentices and junior technicians
• Extensive agricultural or farming background
The role day to day
• Proactively communicate with internal and external customers to review and prepare a continuous service pipeline from business inputs
• Scope, collaborate and plan future works with the front line to establish quality plans for efficient service delivery
• Allocate service technicians based on best match to the job with front line supervision to carry out efficient work solving customer problems
• Work with all workshop locations as required to share resources where required on priority work
• Coordinate annual machine inspection and repair program including technology maintenance and diagnostics
• Monitor and coordinate service support such as product improvement programs and warranty jobs
• Work with sales personnel to actively support machine delivery scheduling and repair timeliness
• Actively review and take action to effect positive movement on the business efficiency targets and improvement initiatives
• Participate in general business objectives and improvements as required
Our wages are extremely competitive within our industry, and our working conditions are conducive to a good personal and family lifestyle. We have peak seasons through harvest and seeding where flexibility to work longer time to support customers may be required.
Coaching and training support will be provided as part of your introduction to the role
Relocation support is available for the right candidate
Our locations offer great lifestyle benefits including safe family environments within tight knit, vibrant communities, numerous sporting and lifestyle options, great facilities, and easy access to local schools and medical facilities.
- Please provide a CV and cover letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria.
- Ideally, applicants will already be based on the Eyre Peninsula or regional South Australia however should you wish to come and join the fun from afar please still apply.
- Pringles Crouch is an equal opportunity employer.
- Other industry same level professionals are encouraged to apply with strong experience and attribute fit.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5pm, April 15, 2021
Are you ready to further develop your technical skills? Are you a car technician looking for a new challenge? Work on industry leading John Deere equipment with wide exposure to electronics and precision ag equipment
- Generous base wage and incentive structure
- This role gives you opportunities for independent work, where you can utilise & grow your diagnostic skills within a supportive team
- Offers great lifestyle benefits including safe family environments within a tight knit, vibrant community, numerous sporting and lifestyle options with great facilities, camping and fishing, excellent local schools, medical facilities and shopping
- Perform basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products
- Maintain current knowledge of John Deere equipment through provided training and self-advancement
- Assist in the appraisal of repair work coming into the Service Department and participate in repair.
- Recondition used equipment and set-up of new equipment.
- Develop specialist skills in a variety of John Deere product offerings such as Harvesters, Self-Propelled Sprayers, Tillage and Precision Farming.
- Carry out repairs and maintenance both in workshop and in-field. This may involve travel to other branches or areas to render assistance.
- Strong focus on the safety and well-being of all in the workplace
To be successful in this role you will need
- Interest in working in the agricultural sector
- Current drivers licence
- Mechanic qualifications ideally with experience in large agricultural equipment, heavy vehicle diesel mechanics or heavy machinery servicing
- Good computer skills
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong focus on customer service
- Independent, self-motivated & organised
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical & hydraulic systems
- Understanding of farmers needs, particularly for this region
- Industry competitive package
- Incentives structure
- Overtime opportunities
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Ongoing Opportunities are available.